8/18/2011

Bloggy Mc"Blaaah"gerson

This blog is a weird thing. I’m not sure what to do with it. I have ideas of what I want it to be, were I not me. Were I a me with more time, or more skill, or more motivation. But I’m just a Regular Me (the best kind of me), and so it is what it is… I’m not sure what that is, though.

I know what I don’t want it to be. I don’t want it to be one of those pretentious blogs that tell you what to do every day. They mean well, but then every day, they tell you what to do. I want to be informative, not bossy. I want it to be all, “Here is how I did it; maybe this will help you and you can use it to find your own way,” rather than “You should be like me; cuz I’m the best.” Also, blogs need personality. That’s what makes them blogs, instead of newspapers or how-to books. I want it to be more like me, and less like a Black and Decker homeowner’s book (Not that I have anything against my Black & Decker book).

I’m not sure I’m conveying any of that.

But I think that might be ok, because I’m not sure anyone is listening to me.

I have a difficult time being personal and engaging when I feel like I’m talking in an empty room.

I did once have a decent blog. I kept it for years. I even made some online friends that way. I found it easy to be thoughtful and personal on this one, because I originally set it up to keep track of my friends. So, when I posted there, I felt as though I was talking straight to them… rather than shouting into the dark.  That feeling has not translated to this blog somehow; not in the least.

I don’t want it to be a blog about my life – “Hey, saw a great movie, have you seen it yet? I just ate the best sandwich!” -- and I don’t want it to be a text book. Somehow, I’m aiming for being personal without being personal. And folks (if any folks are reading) - it ain’t working.  And I’m not sure what to do about that.

Although, PS - I'm slightly ashamed to say that the spreadsheet I posted a few days ago is very me. I love spreadsheets!  So my one little bit of personality there... probably came across as a lack of personality. Such is sometimes the sad case with nerddom.

3 comments:

Constance Burris said...

I'm listening so you are not talking to an empty room.

Wonkadelica said...

Me too. Glad to see you back. I was hoping you were not sacrificed to the budget cut God.

Alien Mind Girl said...

:)