11/02/2012

CSA and Cooking Peaches

Of course the healthiest (and often most delicious) way to eat a peach is raw, but through my CSA I learned about peach varieties. Some varieties really ought to be cooked! Berry Creek has two varieties that I know of... one soft, ultra juicy, and very sweet, the other pale and crunchy. The crunchy one is great for cooking; it keeps its shape and gets sweet without getting *too* sweet. Here are the recipes we used most often for this particular peach.
From AllRecipes.com


Stuffed Peaches – shared by a coworker
Cut the peaches in half and deseed
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
Bake up to 30 minutes at 350 degrees
Let cool
Put a dollop of cheesecake filling in each
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and/or crushed graham crackers

Tipsy Peaches from AllRecipes.Com

Grandma's Peach Cobbler - This recipe is ubiquitous, apparently... but I did try a few recipes for cobbler and this was the only one I was any good at!



No comments: